Hi Roman.

Let me guess... in theory the MSD should start non-linear and after some time become linear until the end of simulation but the g_msd output starts linear and after become anything.

I don´t know if I´m correct about your results but this was the results I had when trying to calculate MSD for an ion. This happen due to poor statistic of "long" times. For example, you have much more statistic when you calculate <|r(10)-r(0)|^2> than when you calculate <|r(100)-r(0)|^2>, so the results for times in the beggin of simulation are supposed to be better than in the end of it.

Like Tsjerk said, attach an image of your output so we can try to help you.

Cheers

Alexandre Suman de Araujo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
UIN: 6194055
IFSC - USP - São Carlos - Brasil

Roman Holomb wrote:

Dear all,

I have strange MSD graphs when I use g_msd for trajectory analysis...... It not look like (<|r(t)-r(0)|^2>)....
The simulation time was 5ns. Have someone problems with using g_msd?

Thanks.
/Roman