On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:21:35 -0400 (EDT)
 "Robson P. S. Peguin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to simulate an interfacial system using Gromacs. My simulation box has water in one side and hydrofluorocarbon in the other side. This system was successfully tested using DL-POLY simulation package previously. Also, the box containing pure hydrofluorocarbon worked fine using Gromacs. However, when I try an energy minimization simulation with the interfacial system, after a couple of steps (~400), the geometry of the hydrofluorocarbon changes. I mean, the molecules begin to lose bonds or atoms. It didn't collapse the box yet, but I can see from a visualization package that the molecules are distorted. I tried to decrease the timestep unsuccessfully. If you have any suggestions, I'll be happy to know them.

You should check your topology: bond definition from what
you describe lokks necessary.

XAvier