Hi all,
I'm trying to simulate a system with two identical proteins (42aa each one), solvent spc (18430 mols) and 6 ions NA+...for a total of ~56100 atoms. Now the "problem" is that if I run the MD on 4 nodes everything works fine, but when I try to use 6 or 8 cpus the process stops on the master and continue only on the last two slaves (4 cpus, the systems are dual xeon). The problem is that I can't find any error message on the log files. I've tried using the d.dppc benchmark files, and all goes fine with 2-4-6 and 8 cpus. So my question is: is there a limit of parallelization in gromacs depending on the simulated system?
I'm using gromacs 3.3.1, mpich 1.2.5.2 and fftw 2.1.5.
Thanks in advance
Andrea