Diane Fournier wrote:

Thank you !
I think the problem was indeed with building the box, because I redid
the whole sequence on my drug-enzyme system (building the box with
editconf, putting the water with genbox, and then writing my .tpr
file with grompp) and ran the same (test) position restraint md run,
and this time, the ligand was inside. Will try minimisation again.

For the record: you have almost certainly had problems with PBC. mdrun will always place molecules 'in the box' (see manual). If your complex happens to be on the box edge, one molecule may end up at a different side of the box.

If, instead, your complex was in the middle of the box, as probably happend during your second setup sequence, pbc will not affect it, at least not during EM when molecules tend not to move much.

Note, that for different box shapes, the 'middle of the box' may not be what you expect.

--
Groetjes,

Anton

* NOTE: New Affiliation, Phone & Fax numbers (below) *
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam   |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081A HV Amsterdam - Netherlands  |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P440 |
|             | [EMAIL PROTECTED] - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |