I have installed GROMACS compiled with MPI support into the /usr/local directory of ParallelKnoppix. ParallelKnoppix is a Knoppix-like CD that can be used to set up a Linux cluster in about 5 minutes. I have very little experience with GROMACS, but I have run some of the demos, and it looks like a good program to use to demonstrate parallel computing. I just wanted to let people know it's available. It is not tested on PK. If anyone tries it out, I'd appreciate hearing whether or not it works as expected. PK is available at http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix
Regards, Michael