From: WILLIAM R WELCH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: gmx-users@gromacs.org
Subject: [gmx-users] genbox give coord file more waters than top file
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:53:11 -0600

Dear gromacs guys

Why would genbox put more water molecules in my .gro file than in my .top file? I'm sure all I have to do is edit the number in my top file, but I have not had this happen before, does anyone know of a reason that this happens so I can fix my file?

I have seen this problem for the first time on our Gromacs workshop last week.
I think the problem is that genbox does not recognize some crystal waters in
your input coordinate file. genbox currently checks for SOL, WAT and HOH.
What is the residue name of your crystal waters?

The solution for the moment is to manually count the water molecules in
the gro file and then correct the top file.

Berk.