Tsjerk Wassenaar wrote:
Hi Andrea,

On 5/3/07, Mark Abraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Andrea Robben Browning wrote:
> I am trying to cut out a portion of a large equilbrated crystal to make
> a smaller crystal.  I have been using the genbox command but since it
> tries to fill up a brick of space and my crystal is triclinic I end up
> will dangling molecules.  Is there any command that can cut a larger
> configuration using a triclinic shape?  I also looked at using the
> editconf command but it didn't actually cut out molecules.

gromacs is designed primarily for non-crystalline simulations,

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Gromacs is designed to work with
triclinic systems.

Well, yes, but cutting a triclinic portion out of a triclinic crystal is not an operation you'd expect a simulation package to be able to do, unless it was designed primarily for crystalline simulations. It's an operation from a quite different domain from standard gromacs operations.