Thanks Itamar for your reply, but the tube actually does not jump, but the lines showing the bonds start to show bonding between non-neighbouring atoms, i.e., the hexagonal shape characteristic of nanotubes is destroyed, and it starts from the third frame regardless of the start time. I tried the 'pbc whole' option anyway but it didn't work.
Thank you very much,
Regards,
George

Itamar Kass wrote:

Shalom George

Maybe your nanotube 'jump' over the PBC?

Try 'trjconv -pbc whole ...'

Best,
Itamar

George Abadir wrote:

Hi,
I finished a simulation of a carbon nanotube in water. I made a movie of the simulation using 'trjconv' to view with Pymol. The problem is that starting from the third frame it messes the carbon nanotube bonds. I changed the start time and again in the third frames it messed things up. I output each frame in a different file using the '-sep' option and it could read each one successfuly, so I think the problem is in reading them in sequence. Can anyone help with that?
   Thank you very much,
Regards,
George