Pradeep Kota wrote:
Dear users,
I'm trying to minimize the energy of a protein in vacuum. I have restrained the backbone with posre.itp generated using genpr. when i try to minimize the energy of this protein using single precision grompp followed by an mdrun, it does not converge even after 600 steps and returns saying that it could not get to the requested minimum energy, and suggested that i use double precision for the same. so, i compiled gromacs with double precision and tried the same and i get the following. Could you help me solve this?

Try a visual inspection of your structure before and after the single-precision minimization and look for sources of problems. You don't actually need convergence of minimization before an equilibration mdrun is a reasonable thing to try. Double precision minimization is only something you care about before (say) a normal-mode analysis.