Hi

I never had to change masses in the nb.itp and I ran lots of simulations with the amber-Port...Are you sure, that you had no dummies with mass zero or so?

REgards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310
Fax   : ++49 551 201 2302
Email : mgoette[at]mpi-bpc.mpg.de
        mgoette2[at]gwdg.de
WWW   : http://www.mpibpc.gwdg.de/groups/grubmueller/

George Abadir wrote:
Hi,
Actually I think that although the .atp file seems to be used, the masses in the ffamberxxnb.itp file must be changed from the zero values to the correct ones: when I ran a simulation without changing them I got infinite velocities and which did nor happen when I changed the masses to the correct ones.
    Thanks,
George

David van der Spoel wrote:

Maik Goette wrote:

David

I think, I should not contradict to one of the developers, but if your statement is true: 1. Where, in fact, are the masses coming from (the masses in the amberFF port can only be found in the atp, as far as I know)? 2. Why does GROMACS complain about missing atoms in the atp-file, if I add a new atom type to the nb-section?

Just out of curiosity...

Hm, no problems contradicting me at least... I presume you're right.

.