huifang liu wrote:
I typed this command: grompp -f em.mdp -c speptide.pdb -p \#spetide.top.1#\ -o speptide_em.tpr
 It responded to me like this:Invalid command line argument:
speptide_empdb.tpr
I am a new -learner.Can you tell me where the problem is.

Backslashes are used to "escape" characters to which your shell would otherwise assign a special meaning. Depending on your shell "#" might start a comment, so to prevent that, you use a backslash before it, in order to let the shell know you really want that character. Putting a backslash before a space doesn't do you any good...