I did MD simulation for lipid. I downloaded the pre-equilibrated structure and parameters from http://moose.bio.ucalgary.ca/index.php?page=Structures_and_Topologies. I can do 5 ns NTP simulation with single precision, but it can't go on with double precision. I also tried the DPPC from the benchmarks of Gromacs. I first did the NTV simulation for 500 ps, and then do NTP simulation using PME, but crashed.

Mark Abraham wrote:
Yanzi Zhou wrote:
Thank you.
I recompiled the software with gcc, but my job still crashed at about 170ps. I tried 1 ns simulation for 1PGB in water downloaded from http://www.dddc.ac.cn/embo04/practicals/9_14_1.htm, it can be finished. But when I tried to do NTP simulation of DPPC from the benchmarks of Gromacs, my job died on 6 processes with double precision gromacs. I found the job crashed when I:
do NTP simulation for a large system, and
use PME
on more than two processors with double precision gromacs.

Make sure your system is properly energy-minimized and that the potential

energy seems reasonable before trying again.

What have you done to check that your system preparation protocol is reasonable?