i started with the lipid coordinates from peter tieleman and removed the water.
then i added water by genbox.
I did energy minimization followed by position restrain, which I removed
gradually. all of it was done under npt. I carried out npt for 250 ps. During
the next 250 ps npt run the bilayers separated and deformed. > Date: Sat, 15
Dec 2007 09:53:06 -0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: gmx-users@gromacs.org>
Subject: RE: [gmx-users] problem with npt> > Quoting pragya chohan <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>:> > >> >> > I wrote yes to generate velocity. Can that be a reason
for the problem? Since> > I am doing membrane simulation it is advised to do
production runs in npt> > thats the only other difference.> > I think what Mark
was asking for was a bit more detail on how you put your> system together. It
would be helpful to know (step by step) what you did, as> that may highlight a
problem. Also, what do you define as "deformed very> much?" Some fluctuations
are to be expected, and 250 ps is a relatively short> time frame. In some of my
bilayer simulations, the lipids look quite strange> under NVT, but after a
nanosecond or two or NPT they even out and behave> normally.> > -Justin> > >
> Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/search before posting!> >
> Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the> > > www
interface or send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > Can't post? Read
http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php> >> >