Steven Kirk wrote:
Mark Abraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

"Non-Protein" serves well here. So a usual tc-grps line has "Protein Non-Protein" for a protein simulation.

Mark

A supplementary question.

The tc-grps line can take predefined standard group names such as 'System', 'Protein' and 'Non-Protein'.

Does the 'Protein' group need to actually BE a protein, or are 'Protein' and 'Non-Protein' really synonyms for 'PresumablyBigMoleculeOfInterestProteinOrNot' and 'EverythingElse' ?

I haven't read the code or found any mention in the manual, but I expect that src/share/top/aminoacids.dat contains the names of any amino acids, and thus implicitly defines these groups.