Egidijus Kuprusevicius wrote:
Dear Gromacs developers, I have some very simple questions on how to get the file (tpr) wich could be run on Gromacs (MD). With Hyperhem I have drawn the target molecule, I obtained ent file containing ATOM and CONNECT sections: 1) What should I change in this ent file to be able to run this file with pdb2gmx (by renaming to pdb) to obtain top and gro? I want to use OPLS ff.

If Hyperchem can't write a .pdb file natively, then complain at its developers or pick a new molecule builder. Else google might be your friend here.

2) Let's say I have top and gro created using PRODRG server and JML

JML?

using ffgmx. What I should change in my gro and top or itp (if I choose to create it) to be able to create tpr? I know expicitly all OPLS files

PRODRG server doesn't output an OPLS-compatible .top, so your strategy is broken.

like itp (bn and nonbn), atp, rtp, n/c terminals (tdb), hdb. I know how to describe atoms types and bonds for my own molecule, but do not know how to describe dihedrals (proper and unproper)...it looks something like that - C +N O H impropers_O_C_X_Y ... what does it stand for and what are basic rules for constructing them?

I can't work out what you're trying to do here. Check out http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Steps_to_Perform_a_Simulation, http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Parameterization, http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Topology_File, and/or chapter 5 of the manual.

3) Moreover after creating top and gro using PRODRG server I chose to do everything with gmx ff,

Don't, it's deprecated. The PRODRG beta server might be better.

but after creating box and solving this molecule in the water I couldn't get tpr file using grompp. I have got the error message that nr of atoms in top(=1500) doesn't match that one in gro(=0). I have tried to follow recomendations in a wiki errors section, but nothing helped me. So why some steps I was able to accompish (it indicates that my cpp on Unix can recognize EOL of Windows)

What is indicating to you that cpp is running correctly?

and by runing grompp in order to get tpr I have got this message (I checked the nr in gro and top - both matched)? I have no more ideas what to do.

Checked what number?