----- Original Message -----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:20 pm
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] "Lam" is not required for running parallel job
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users@gromacs.org>

You have an MPI library installed, else mpirun would not exist. Said library
doesn't have to be called LAM, however. It also existed when someone compiled
mdrun_mpi, unless they actually did it single-processor and your above snippets
don't reflect what you're actually doing.

It's a good idea when seeking feedback to give full information, e.g. copying
and pasting your actual commands. If the contents of your head were always
right, you would probably already have solved your own problem. Accordingly,
we'd much prefer know what you actually did, rather than something that's been
filtered through your head. :-)