Please keep this on the mailing list.

I use OPLS + tip4p for protein in water, then I use the Berger lipids downloaded from Peter Tieleman's website using some special considerations for scaling of the 1-4 interactions. You can find some of my posts on that topic via searching for opls and berger.

However, I work with beta-barrel proteins. If you are working on a helical protein (e.g. GPCRs) you may want to try amber, but I am not sure what lipids you would use there (the scaling trick doesn't work for amber-berger combo). Another way to go would be charmm with it's own lipids (as simulated in gromacs). The fundamental question of what protein ff you want is something that I can not answer for you.

Chris.

sudheer babu wrote:
Hi Mr. Chris,
This is Sudheer working as a project associate, I am working on membrane proteins
I want to clarify one thing regarding force field in gromacs.
Intially I want to simulate my protein in water, later insert to POPC bilayer. So my doubt is, protein in water which FF can use, later when embedded into POPC which FF can use for protein and POPC.
Pls help me.
I am waiting for reply....
Thanks in advance.