Kateřina Hynštová wrote:
Dear users,

I would like to calculate the mean square displacement.

Using the

g_msd -f traj.xtc -s input.tpr  -n index.ndx -o msd.xvg

I get

Reading file input.tpr, VERSION 3.3.2(single precision)

Reading file input.tpr, VERSION 3.3.2(single precision)

Group   0(         C) has             1 elements

There is one group in the index

Reading frame 0 time 0.000

The system always freezes here without any warning or error. I have

If your simulation is long and/or computer slow, then it's possible the calculation is still running. If so, you can experiment with the -b, -e, and -dt flags to make the calculation shorter. See g_msd -h. You can also use other analysis tools to check if the problem is localised or not.

Otherwise, how big is the system, how long is the trajectory and what system are you running on?