[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Please generate replies to the mailing list sensibly. It's very hard to work out who you are quoting where in this email. It'd be easy just to ignore it, and that's the last thing you should want.

Hello,

I'm trying to run a simulation with one lipid molecule in a fixed
simulation box without pbc.
I set position restraints on one of the atoms and I seem to keep on
getting the following error:

Why do you want MD of a single lipid and a position restraint on one atom? If you just want to see a lipid wiggle around, then don't create more numerical complexity.

The lipid is DPPC.The .itp file I got from a coworker that used it before for membrane MD simulations. To minimize the system I used steepest descent with the following parameters:

Well if your grompp and mdrun completed successfully and without warnings then you've probably got an OK topology and structure.

The combination of all bond constraints, a single lipid in vacuo, temperature coupling and a single position restraint sounds like a recipe for a numerical disaster, i.e. blowing up. Try with fewer of those things applied, or get a more physically-reasonable system, like a whole membrane.