Senthil Kumar M wrote:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Mark Abraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Senthil Kumar M wrote:
make gives:

xlc_r: 1501-224 fatal error in /usr/vac/exe/ipa64: signal 24 received

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.
If that really is all the output make is giving then there's something badly
broken here. Usually make reports descending into some sub-directories, and
then starts doing useful work.

What "make" is it? Is there a "gmake" that you can use instead?

Mark

I am sorry for not being clear. The output that I pasted in my
previous email was only the last few lines, it runs for quite a long
time before quitting with the above error message. I tried gmake also
with similar results.

Well, please give us some more... the above doesn't let us guess *why* make is dying! :-)