[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Roll back to gcc 3.x.

There is information available that says something like "don't use gcc 4.x, it is broken", but I stand by my previous comments that it is unfortunate that it is up to the end user to search the gromacs archives to find this out, not withstanding that it is a gcc-based problem.

In my opinion, you're fortunate to have found this out and there are probably *lots* of people running gcc 4.x installations of gromacs right now.

We discussed including the test set with the distribution, which would simplify the procedure, but decided against it, because the distribution would become a lot bigger.

Maybe we should reconsider this?

Chris.