priyanka srivastava wrote:
Dear All,

I really apologize for asking a peptide translation related question again. I have a lipid-peptide system and I have already carried out the production run for 20ns. The peptide has moved towards one of the edges (I didnt specify comm-grps in the mdp file). I have to translate the peptide in the center of the bilayer. While using trjconv it translates the peptide at 0,0,0 but shifts the lipid and water molecules as well such that eventually the peptide lies near the edge only!

Without seeing what command you've actually tried, it's hard to make any recommendation.

Is there any other tool which I should be using?

trjconv is the tool you want, it's just a matter of finding the right options. Under GMX 3.3.3, there is a -center flag that allows you to select a group for centering. In my protein/membrane systems, it has always worked well (choose Protein for the group to be centered).

-Justin

Kindly suggest me something,
Priyanka.

Graduate Research Assistant