vivek sharma wrote:
Hi Carsten and Justin,
I am interrupting here as I tried with the option u suggested..
I tried cut-off instead of PME as coulombtype option it is running well for 24 processor, then I tried with 60 processor , following is the result I am getting

Result1: When tried for 50 ps of run on 24 processors, with PME took 12:29 in comparison to 7:54 with cut-off
This looks reasonable to me.

Result2: When tried for 500 ps of run on 60 processors, with PME it is giving same segmentation fault again and with cut-off it is giving LINCS warning and exiting with writing the intermediate step.pdb
Don't run gromacs 3.3 on 60 processors with such a small system. You should
have at least 1000 particles per CPU with gmx 3. Try with gromacs 4, where
also your protein can be split among the processors.

Carsten

Can you suggest some more option that I can try for scaling experiment... Also I tried with shuffle and sort option it didn't worked for me as my system is simply one protein molecule in a ater box (around 45000 no. of atoms) connected Gromacs version I am using is 3.3.3 and the hardware is like all nodes contain quad-core 3.0 GHz Intel Xeon processors connected via infiniband.

With Thanks,
Vivek