* Nicolas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-10-06 17:22:44 -0600]:

LuLanyuan a écrit :
Hello,
When I used template.c to make my own tool,  I always got the progress
information like
"Reading frame      60 time   60.000" after the Gromacs copyright information.
Sometimes
I want to run my tool in background. But these reading frame messages still jump out even after I use the "&" command. Because I may need to do other things in the same terminal,
these messages are annoying. I'm wondering if there is a simple way to redirect
these outputs.
Thanks very much.
Lanyuan Lu
command >& command.out
or
nohup command &

depending what you want to do

cheers
 And to provide a small explanation, you see this line, because it is
 written to the stderr. If you use just '>' only the stdout is written
 to the file. '>&' bundles both the stderr and stdout to one single
 file.

 /Flo

Florian Dommert
Dipl.-Phys.

Computational and Theoretical Softmatter & Biophysics group

Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies
Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe University

Ruth-Moufang-Str. 1
60438 Frankfurt am Main

Phone: +49(0)69 / 798 - 47522