sarbani chattopadhyay wrote:
  Thank you for reply.
Amber force fields have parameters for C-terminal-C(O)-NH2 . But I don't know which of the force fields in Gromacs 3.3.1 have parametrs for the C-terminal amide cap. Is it possible to introduce these parameters manually. What I need to know is that which other
files  do I need to modify ?
Till now I have only modified the terminal database ,( though I may have made some mistake ), but the added "N" 's coordinates are given by pdb2gmx as " nan nan nan"

I think you are going about this the wrong way. The first question is - do you have the amide intact in the .pdb file? If not, pdb2gmx is not going to add it in for you magically. You can find out which force fields contain parameterized NH2 groups if you just search the .rtp files with a text editor. Offhand, I know that the Gromos force fields support C-terminal amides, but probably others do as well.

-Justin

Thanks in advance
Sarbani

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 Mark Abraham wrote :
 >sarbani chattopadhyay wrote:
 >>  Hi,
>> I want to add -NH2 to the c terminal end of my peptide. If I modify the " C-terminal >>databse"-> "-c.tdb" , will it be possible to add -NH2 to the "CO" end of the last residue
at the
 >>C terminal end.
 >
>For some forcefields, yes. You need the forcefield to have parameters for (C-terminal) -C (O)-NH2. Not all of them do. Probably the ones that have it parameterized already have the
terminus topologies in the database.

 >Mark
>Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www interface or send it to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 >Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php

Graduate Research Assistant