I am a computational scientist working with a physical chemist to try to parallelize her use of gromacs -- today is my first day using the application and I am not succeeding in getting multiple threads.

I have an MPI-compiled version of gromacs v4.0 and am attempting to get parallel execution on a 2x2 core AMD Opteron system via:

$ lamboot
$ mdrun -np 4 -s ../1WOM.tpr -v -N 4

however there is then only a single thread executing. Do I need to preprocess the topology file?

In the first instance, getting mdrun going in parallel on an SMP machine is the higher priority. Next I will look at running it on a cluster.

TIA.

Ian

--
Ian Stokes-Rees, Research Associate