maria goranovic wrote:
Hello

I am trying to using genbox to set up a random 2-lipid mixture. Is there a way to do this? First, i put 100 POPC molecules randomly in the sim. box. Now I want to add 28 POPS lipids. How can I do this ?

I'm not aware of a direct method for doing this. Creating interstices for arbitrarily shaped molecules is non-trivial.

One approach is to choose your lipid mixture and to concatenate cunningly-sized boxes each with a pure sample of one component of the mixture. Then a long equilibration will see the mixtures randomize. You can probably get away with a long "pseudo-equilibration" period with a very cheap physical model to make sure you get away from the highly ordered state, then a shorter "real" equilibration to move into the right ensemble from that intermediate point.