Dean Cuebas wrote:
Dear users,
I¹ve been trying to reproduce the GROMACS tutorial for Drug _ Enzyme Complex

I¹ve tried to get grompp to work, but I keep getting the following message:

creating statusfile for 1 node...

Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.1#
checking input for internal consistency...
calling /usr/bin/cpp...
processing topology...
Generated 165 of the 1596 non-bonded parameter combinations
Excluding 3 bonded neighbours for Protein             1
Excluding 3 bonded neighbours for IN4                 1
Excluding 2 bonded neighbours for SOL              8756
NOTE:
  System has non-zero total charge: 7.999998e+00

processing coordinates...

Program grompp, VERSION 3.3.2
Source code file: grompp.c, line: 448

Fatal error:
number of coordinates in coordinate file (trp_b4ion.pdb, 28394)
             does not match topology (trp.top, 28402)

It appears because grompp is ³excluding² the bonded neighbors is what¹s
making me end up with the different number of coordinates in my coordinate
and topology files.

No, "exclusions" are something else related to the structure of the force field - atoms connected by bonds shouldn't also be modeled with non-bonded interactions. The coincidence of 28402-28394=8 equaling 3+3+2 is just that.

Rather more significant is that you have a non-zero charge of (rounded) 8 and you seem to be part way through a process of replacing water molecules with ions, which usually leaves a system neutral. I'd guess you've done something wrong there - most likely mislabeled a file.