Claus Valka wrote:
Hello,

I would like to ask you a (simple) clarification question:
Reading the manual and equations 4.158 up to 4.160 there is a convergence parameter b (with hellenic letters β). I would like to ask you whether this parameter is the same as the ewald_rtol that I come accross in the manual.

No.

If it is not, is there any function between those two quantities?

Yes. It's something like erfc(R)/R <= ewald_rtol for R = beta * rcoulomb. That is, beta is controlled by the value of the two parameters so that the contributions to the direct-space sum from charges outside rcoulomb are negligibly small. Check the Darden papers referenced from the GROMACS manual for details. GROMACS reports the value of 1/beta in the .log file, IIRC.