Mahnam wrote:

In God We Trust
Hello GMX users
I am trying to run one gromacs simulation in parallel. I have successfully compiled gromacs 4 with mpi support on a cluster with x86_64 architecture with 4 cpus (intel core 2 Quad 6600). when I run mdrun with single-processor ,it works fine and everything is ok, but when I run the same simulation with 4 cpu, it finishs again normally and I don't get any error messages , but my protein breaks and box of sol becomes deformed.

Which (specific) version are you using? Prior to 4.0.2 (I think), the final output was fragmented as a consequence of domain decomposition. It can be "fixed" (i.e., molecules can be made whole again) with trjconv.

"Deformed" is a matter of perspective, and is typically an artifact of visualization. You will have to describe your system in much greater detail to get any useful advice.

These are first few lines of my output (on screen)

These lines just indicate the run is being split between nodes; they are not indicative of a problem.

-Justin

NNODES=4, MYRANK=3, HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
NODEID=3 argc=16
NNODES=4, MYRANK=0, HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
NNODES=4, MYRANK=2, HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
NNODES=4, MYRANK=3, HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
NODEID=2 argc=15
NNODES=4, MYRANK=1, HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
NODEID=1 argc=15
NODEID=3 argc=15
NODEID=0 argc=15
here is my commands and mdp file :
commands:
grompp -f sp.mdp -c fprmd.gro -r fprmd.gro -p n.top -o sp.tpr -n n.ndx -maxwarn 1000 mpirun -np 4 mdrun -s sp.tpr -o sp.trr -c fsp.gro -g sp.log -e sp.edr -n n.ndx -N 4 mdf file: title = n.pdb
restraining
warnings            =  10
cpp                 =  /lib/cpp
define              =  -DFLEXIBLE
constraints         =  none
integrator          =  steep
nsteps              =  10000
nstcomm             =  1
comm_mode           =  Linear
comm_grps           =  protein
nstxout             =  250
nstvout             =  1000
nstfout             =  0
nstlog              =  10
nstenergy           =  10
nstlist             =  10
ns_type             =  grid
rlist               =  1.2
coulombtype         =  PME
rcoulomb            =  1.2
rvdw                =  1.4
fourierspacing      =  0.12
fourier_nx          =  0
fourier_ny          =  0
fourier_nz          =  0
pme_order           =  4
ewald_rtol          =  1e-5
optimize_fft        =  yes
emtol               = 10.0
emstep              = 0.01

whould you please help me to overcome this problem. Many thanks in advance for your help and your reply.

Yours truly
Karim Mahnam
Institute of  Biochemistry  and  Biophysics (IBB)
Tehran University
P.O.box 13145-1384
Tehran
Iran