Edvin Erdtman wrote:
Hi

We have tried with no cutoff, as I have written in former emails, but that was when we got trouble with LINCS warnings. We then thought that we could try to continue remove lipids in the compression-steps to get rid of that LINCS warnings, and to have a stable system!
Is it maybe the protein that is the problem - need to be more minimized?

Maybe yes, maybe no. If I remember your original post, you are doing the annealing with Nose-Hoover as the thermostat. IIRC, N-H does not respond well to changes in temperature (it fluctuates a lot). Maybe try your protocol using a weak coupling scheme, Berendsen or V-rescale?

-Justin

/Edvin

Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

Edvin Erdtman wrote:
Hi again
I don't know if you were aware of it, but I have commented some Justin's questions further down in the e-mail (my last e-mail wasn't only a thank-email). Since it took so long, and other similar discussions are still running I thought you have missed my comments (see below).

Now we have tried with a Calpha-P cutoff of 5 Å (i.e. perl inflategro.pl em1/confout.gro 0.97 DPPC 5 em2/input.gro 5 em2/area.dat), and position restraints on the protein, I have also merged Cl and SOL in the same temp group, but it does not seem to work anyway. We still get the LINCS warnings.

Why are you using a cutoff during the compression phase? You will continue to delete lipids! I have never had a problem if I scale up by a factor of 4, with a 1.4-nm cutoff, then compress by a factor of 0.95 (with no cutoff).

Maybe that will make a difference?

Graduate Research Assistant