Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

Pawan Kumar wrote:
Hello Sir,

The whole point in making an index file was to merge the sol and cl- ions. If i put popc also in the index file then it wont make any much useful group because lipids needs to be defined in a different group as I have read in various archives. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

What you need is a POPC_CL- group in addition to the other standard groups. There is a page in my tutorial (which you referenced earlier) that describes exactly how to do this:

A new SOL_CL- group is what is needed, not POPC_CL-, probably a typo.

Mark

http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/membrane_protein/06_equil.html

So your index file should contain System, all the relevant protein groups, POPC, SOL, CL-, and SOL_CL-. If you are considering manually modifying this file in some way (as I am guessing you have), don't.

-Justin

Thanking you,
Pawan