anirban polley wrote:
Dear Justin,
I am using gromacs-localp of version 4.0.2. for the calculation of local pressure. But I could not understand what I should put in the mdp file. Because when I tried by the following below mdp file, it does not even create tpr file. I have tried by different options as for example by using Wall but failed to get local pressure profile. I thought that I have write some thing so that it can be ok for giving local pressure. Could you please correct my mdp file and write what extra term I should write in my mdp file to get local pressure.
Thank you very much for your kind help.

Where did you get gromacs-localp version 4.0.2? The software by that name in the Users Contributions is much older. If you have made modifications to the code yourself, you may have broken something.

As I understand it, the .mdp file is probably going to be the same as any other run, you'll just get additional output for local pressure. That information is likely in whatever README or help files that come with the localp code.

Also, if grompp is failing to produce your .tpr, it is better to post the error message you got instead of saying "it does not even create tpr file." For diagnostic purposes, a real error message is infinitely more useful.

-Justin

Anirban

    title                =  lipid bilayer in water
cpp                  =  /lib/cpp

integrator           =  sd              ; stochastic dynamics -> Langevin!
ld_seed              =  -1              ; random seed for sd
dt                   =  0.002           ; ps !
nsteps               =  250000          ; total 500 ps
nstcomm              =  1               ; freq. for cm-motion removal
tinit                =  0               ; starting time (ps)

constraints          =  all-bonds       ; constraint for all bond lengths
constraint_algorithm =  lincs           ; default
lincs_order          =  4               ; default

nstxout              =  5000            ; T(x_out) 10 ps
nstvout              =  5000            ; T(v_out) 10 ps
nstfout              =  0               ; T(f_out)
nstlog               =  250             ; energies to log (0.5 ps)
nstenergy            =  250             ; energies to energy file

ns_type              =  grid            ; nl type
nstlist              =  10              ; Freq. to update neighbour list
rlist                =  1.0             ; nm (cutoff for short-range nl)

coulombtype          =  Reaction-Field  ; Coulomb interactions
rcoulomb             =  2.0             ; nm (Coulomb cut-off!!)
epsilon_r = 80.0 ; dielectric constant for reaction field
vdwtype              =  Cut-off         ; Wan der Waals interactions
rvdw                 =  1.0             ; nm (LJ cut-off)
optimize_fft         =  yes

; Temperature coupling
Tcoupl               =  no              ; no effect when integrator = sd
tc-grps              =  POPC  SM    CHOL  SOL
tau_t                =  0.1   0.1   0.1   0.1
ref_t                =  296   296   296   296

; Pressure coupling
;Pcoupl = no
Pcoupl               =  berendsen
Pcoupltype           =  semiisotropic
tau_p                =  1.0    1.0       ; ps
compressibility      =  4.5e-5 4.5e-5    ; 1/bar (water: 1 atm, 300 K)
ref_p                =  1.0    1.0       ; bar

; Generate velocites in the beginning
gen_vel              =  yes
gen_temp             =  296.0
gen_seed             =  173529