Hi All,

1. Artificial Shear Flow: I am trying to do translocation studies and wanted to
generate a shear flow without actual water atoms. I checked the mail list and
it was mentioned that there is no velocity profile but an option to accelerate
the atoms in a group. But I wanted to get the shear flow or the velocity
profile without atoms.

To make myself clear: I want the boat to navigate through water, with the flow
of water but there is no water, am I making sense? So I want an artificial
force applied constantly in the channel not on the particle so basically I
define the velocity profile using the artificial force.

2. Inconsistent Shifts Error: I received this error in my simulation studies
when I used PBC =xyz " There were XXX inconsistent shifts. Check your topology
", checked the mail-list and found the option of pbc = full should be used, but
seems it is not available anymore in gromacs 4.0.3, My system is very small
around 1000 atoms, and it works fine without periodic conditions, but when pbc
is added it runs for some time and then gives me the error.

What does this error actually mean?

How can I resolve this?

Regards,

Aby