hello gromacs users,

I am working with a silica structure which is parallepiped in structure, i.e the unit cell is
46.4207   37.7846  18.9596 angles =90, 90, 120

I have a structure file in .xyz and .pdb but the units are in Angstroms and for gromacs I assume that I need to convert these units to nm? This is where I am encountering problems.

I have tried simply dividing the atomic coordinates and cell lengths by a factor of 10 but the resulting structure doesnt look right in vmd. Do I need to use some sort of symmetry transformation to take the non-cubic symmetry into account when scaling the coordinates? Is there some program (either within gromacs or external) which will convert atomic coordinates from Angstroms to nm while carrying out the necessary symmetry operations?

Thanks

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.