* Shobhit Kudesia <shobhit.kude...@gmail.com> [2009-06-30 21:19:47 -0400]:

Hi,

I installed  fftw as follows (creating single- and double-precision
versions) :

./configure --enable-threads --enable-float --prefix=/home/kudesias/fftw
make
make install

make distclean

./configure --enable-threads --prefix=/home/kudesias/fftw
make
make install

I also used
export CPPFLAGS=-I/home/kudesias/fftw/include
export LDFLAGS=-L/home/kudesias/fftw/lib ( Initially I used I in place of L
so I corrected it)

On using the configure script

./configure  --enable-mpi

I  get the following error then

checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking for _LARGEFILE_SOURCE value needed for large files... 1
checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
checking for fftw3.h... configure: error: Cannot find the default external
FFT library (fftw3).

I will be glad if you can help with this.

I tried your procedure on my computer and the configure script finished
without trouble. Are your sure using fftw**3** ? In case you use fftw2
you have to tell the script.

Another problem can be that you set the enviroment variables in another
shell window as you execute the configure script, because then CPPFLAGS
and LDFLAGS are not present anymore.

To be on the safe side put all in one line:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/gmx4 LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/fftw/lib
CPPFLAGS=-I$HOME/fftw/include

This command line should work for you, in case FFTW3 is located as you
mentioned before. So try copy&paste and tell us over the mailing list
what happend.

Flo

Thanks

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Florian Dommert <