What is the problem exactly? The two layers separate over the pbc?
did you try a -pbc nojump prior the centering?

On Jul 3, 2009, at 11:37 AM, maria goranovic wrote:

Dear All,

This has been discussed before for individual frames. But I am having a problem in trying to center a trajectory so that the bilayer remains at the center of the box. I have tried several combinations, but none of the them work. In each case, the centering and/or the fitting is done on the lipid bilayer itself.

trjconv -s struct-1.tpr -f temp.xtc -o final.xtc -n struct.ndx - center -boxcenter zero -pbc mol

this one works for one particular .gro file, but not for the whole trajectory. I tried all of the following, but none of them work. What is the solution ?

trjconv -s struct-1.tpr -f temp.xtc -o final.xtc -n struct.ndx - center -boxcenter zero trjconv -s struct-1.tpr -f temp.xtc -o final.xtc -n struct.ndx -pbc mol -boxcenter zero trjconv -s struct-1.tpr -f temp.xtc -o final.xtc -n struct.ndx -pbc mol -center trjconv -s struct-1.tpr -f temp.xtc -o final.xtc -n struct.ndx - pbc mol -fit trans trjconv -s struct-1.tpr -f temp.xtc -o final.xtc -n struct.ndx - pbc mol -fit trans -center trjconv -s struct-1.tpr -f temp.xtc -o final.xtc -n struct.ndx - pbc mol -fit trans -center -boxcenter zero trjconv -s struct-1.tpr -f temp.xtc -o final.xtc -n struct.ndx -fit trans trjconv -s struct-1.tpr -f temp.xtc -o final.xtc -n struct.ndx -fit progressive

--
Maria G.
Technical University of Denmark