*From:* Mark Abraham <mark.abra...@anu.edu.au>
*To:* Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users@gromacs.org>
*Sent:* Sunday, 19 July, 2009 2:43:05 PM
*Subject:* Re: [gmx-users] H-Db error

nikhil damle wrote:
 > Hi,
> I added peptide H to the the new residue i added to .rtp file in the ffG43a1.hdb file But the pdb2gmx gives error saying it can not read hdb file. If i remove this H from .hdb file, it gives error of missing atom. How should i resolve this problem ? y can pdb2gmx not read hdb file if i add one extra H ??

If your version of the .hdb file can't be read, then you've broken the format (see chapter 5), or created a file that does not adhere to the right conventions (e.g. by having Windows-style line endings - fix using dos2unix utility), or mangled the file permissions, or quite a few other possiblities.