I agree. Mpich 1 is very old, you should try mpich 2 or lam or openmpi.

Tom

--On Tuesday, August 11, 2009 09:16:54 +1000 Mark Abraham <mark.abra...@anu.edu.au> wrote:

Andrew Paluch wrote:
To whom this may concern,

I am receiving the following errors when attempting to run Gromacs in
parallel:

Making 1D domain decomposition 4 x 1 x 1
p2_21562:  p4_error: Timeout in establishing connection to remote
process: 0 p2_21562: (302.964844) net_send: could not write to fd=5,
errno = 32

where I am using mpich 1.2.7 for 64 bit processors.  From what I can
find, it seems as if this is a mpich issue and not an issue of Gromacs.
Has anyone else encountered such a problem?  Also, does anyone have any
suggestions for a solution?

Indeed, this is not a problem intrinsic to GROMACS. I'm not aware of
problems with particular MPI libraries, but you might try compiling
GROMACS with another such library. Whoever configured this machine should
probably look into the problem.

Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
interface or send it to gmx-users-requ...@gromacs.org.