To whom this may concern,

I am performing simulations for a system that is modeled with a Buckingham potential and PME for the electrostatic interactions. I have developed my forcefield file such that non-bonded cross terms are listed in a table, and also 1-4 interactions are listed in a table with an LJ type of potential.

On 16 processors, I am able to run my system for 0.5ns in a day. If I map the potential to an LJ, I am able to achieve 2.5ns in a day. Does anyone have any idea as to where my performance loss may be occurring? Are there any special compilation or run-time flags that I should be using?

Thank you,

Andrew

Andrew Paluch
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
University of Notre Dame du Lac
apal...@nd.edu