abhijit kayal wrote:
       Hi
As you said I generated a pdb file of n-butane in PRODRG . I am executing following command. pdb2gmx -f ALA.pdb -p ALA.top -o ALA.gro It is successfully working on amino acid residue. But when i am executing for butane. pdb2gmx -f BUTANE.pdb -p BUTANE.top -o BUTANE.gro Fatal error:
Residue 'DRG' not found in residue topology database
It is showing above errors.Please help me out on this.

Most errors have solutions that are either posted on the wiki site (oldwiki.gromacs.org), or by searching the list archive:

http://oldwww.gromacs.org/swish-e/search/search2.php

For your error, the solution is found on the wiki:

http://oldwiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Errors#Residue_.27XXX.27_not_found_in_residue_topology_database

Please consult these resources before posting messages to the list.