Paymon Pirzadeh wrote:
Thanks for the tips!
But I still have problem with my added ion. Justin had told me that ion
names are force-field specific! Since I am using OPLSaa, I checked the
itp file for Na ion name, and it was Na+. I used this name with the

No, it's not.  It's NA+.  From ions.itp in the #ifdef _FF_OPLS section:

[ moleculetype ]
; molname       nrexcl
NA+             1

[ atoms ]
; id    at type         res nr  residu name     at name  cg nr  charge   mass
1       opls_407        1       NA+             NA       1      1       22.98977

-pname switch, but again during the grompp I ran into the following
error:
Warning: atom name 65870 in AFP_I.top and
AFP_I_solvated_54_62_102_null.gro does not match (NA - Na)

WARNING 1 [file AFP_I.top, line 4151]:
  1 non-matching atom name
  atom names from AFP_I.top will be used
  atom names from AFP_I_solvated_54_62_102_null.gro will be ignored

I really do not know what I am doing wrong here! Also regarding past
discussions, adding this single ion has lead into the following note:
NOTE 1 [file AFP_I.top, line 4151]:
  System has non-zero total charge: 1.000000e-02

I am not sure if that much charge will cause me troubles or not!

I am somewhat troubled by the magnitude of charge discrepancy. Look in the .top to see where things start going wrong (i.e., not an integer). I would think your system would have to be quite large to accumulate such a difference in charge.

-Justin

Payman