Hi,

Is anyone who can clear the "Walls" feature in the gmx 4.0.x? Same as Yves (see the end), I cannot find any related reference or publication citing it.

Generally the potential on wall is in continuum format. But if it is also true here,  what the "wall_density" for?  I guess it is based on a lattice model. If I want to build silicon or graphene walls, what kind of values is suitable for them? Any reference?

regards,
Baofu Qiao

[gmx-users] Implicit walls.

Yves Dubief
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 03:32:11 -0700

Hi,

I am using the implicit wall method available in 4.0.x and I cannot seem to find any published work on the method, aside from the manual. I think I have an overall understanding of the method, but I am not confident about some key details: - Is the force generated from the wall derived from a continuum representation of the wall based on the surface density, or from a lattice of virtual atoms? I am leaning toward #1 just because it works great under NPT - What is the depth of the virtual wall when wall_r_linpot=0? Is it LJ cutoff? or "zero"? - Are any of developer willing to validate the paragraph we plan on writing in my student thesis and future publications (when it's all ready)?
   Thank you in advance.
   Yves