Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 16:56:48 +1000
From: Mark Abraham <mark.abra...@anu.edu.au>
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] 1-4 interaction between atoms in PBC mode
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users@gromacs.org>

Darrell Koskinen wrote:
Dear GROMACS-ians,
I have created an infinite graphene sheet and upon running grompp, I get the following response:

/Warning: 1-4 interaction between 10085 and 10445 at distance 19.679 which is larger than the 1-4 table size 1.000 nm Warning: 1-4 interaction between 9244 and 9963 at distance 19.553 which is larger than the 1-4 table size 1.000 nm
These are ignored for the rest of the simulation
This usually means your system is exploding,
if not, you should increase table-extension in your mdp file
These are ignored for the rest of the simulation/

I assume that atoms from opposite ends of the simulation box are being seen by GROMACS as being 1-4 neighbors as a result of the PBC, but the shortest distance between the atoms is not being observed. Is this the problem? Is this problem resulting in the system exploding? And, how do I resolve this problem?

Did you use periodic_molecules = yes in your .mdp file?