Arik Cohen wrote:
Thanks allot, but isn't trjconv should be executed after the trajectory has finished ?. I would like to put each snapshot in a different file on the fly.

As Justin said, you can't do that. For starters, it consumes vast amounts of disk. Also, it doesn't take long to do it after the fact on some workstation, and it is wasteful to spend your (limited) main compute resources doing I/O while post-processing output.

GROMACS workflows are intended to run the simulation fast and efficiently, and then allow you to process the results with the various tools/filters to extract the data you need. You can even post-process with mdrun -rerun if you want to get only a subset of forces or something. The main exception to this principle is the use of xtc-groups, IIRC.

Why do you even want separate PDB frames? Visualization tools like VMD will read the trajectory files.