Quoting Jennifer Williams <jennifer.willi...@ed.ac.uk>:

Hello,

One quick questions...

I have a structure for which I now want to freeze a portion.
I already have a .top file where the entire structure is flexible (bond
angles, stretches and torions defined).
When freezing, do I need to delete all those bond stretches, angles and
torsions associated with the frozen part from my .top file?

No. Just select the freeze group and say yes ("Y") in the directions you want your molecule to be frozen (in the mdp-file). I also choose an energy_group exclusion for the frozen part, though I don't know whether that's necessary.

(I am not using constraints on the frozen portion as I have seen this
can cause problems).
Will the bonding parameters all be set to zero when the these atoms are
frozen or will their contribution be calculated if I leave these terms
in.

Thanks

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use thewww
interface or send it to gmx-users-requ...@gromacs.org.