Ramachandran G wrote:
I commented out the 'read_next_x' routine and in place of it i added
'read_next_frame'  as given below will that work?

You could try it, but it won't work. The whole do...while loop needs to be adjusted to use fr and its struct members, rather than separate box, t, x, etc. Also read_first_frame is required before the loop, not whatever is used there.

Now if i install will i get the trajectory?  Is API available for
gromacs? Thank you.

Pre 4.1, API documentation is patchy at best. You can see how this machinery gets used by comparing with the source code of a tool that read and write non-position data, e.g. gmxdump and doubtless others.

Obviously, you'll need to recompile and re-install to use any new version.

Mark

   write_trx(out,natoms,swi,&top.atoms,0,t,box,x,NULL);
    }
/*  } while(read_next_x(status,&t,natoms,x,box)); */
  } while(read_next_frame(status,&fr));
  close_trj(status);
  if (out != -1)
    close_trx(out);