ksm tprk wrote:
Hello Justin,

I looked at in my gromacs/3.3.1 and it ahs only ffgmx.n2t force field file. because of that, I chaged to new version gromacs. I tried to use different force filed but new version gromacs but they didn't work. I used gromacs/4.0.5 and I created .gro and by using x2top but it give below errors. If I use pdb2gmx, it gives me residue UNK error. First I used "GROMOS96 53a5 force field (JCC 2004 vol 25 pag 1656)" but it gave me below error:

Can not find forcefield for atom C-1597 with 3 bonds
Can not find forcefield for atom C-1598 with 3 bonds
Can not find forcefield for atom C-1599 with 2 bonds
Can not find forcefield for atom C-1600 with 2 bonds

Program x2top_mpi, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: x2top.c, line: 207

Fatal error:
Could only find a forcefield type for 0 out of 1600 atoms

After that I used "OPLS-AA/L all-atom force field (2001 aminoacid dihedrals)" and it gave me:

Looking whether force field files exist
Opening library file /opt/apps/gromacs/4.0.5/share/gromacs/top/ffoplsaa.rtp
Opening library file ffoplsaa.n2t
Opening library file ffoplsaa.n2t
There are 25 name to type translations
Generating bonds from distances...
atom 1600
Can not find forcefield for atom N-25 with 3 bonds

Program x2top_mpi, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: x2top.c, line: 207

Fatal error:
Could only find a forcefield type for 1599 out of 1600 atoms

And I tried "[DEPRECATED] Gromacs force field (see manual)" and "Encad all-atom force field, using scaled-down vacuum charges". they gave me same error at first.

The 4.0.5 version of x2top is broken unless you use the -nopbc option, which, for the purposes of carbon nanotubes, is useless unless you specify all the cross-boundary bonded terms yourself.

You had a functional topology before, why are you starting over? You didn't give a very clear description of the changes you were making that were inducing the grompp errors, and you stand a better chance of identifying those problems and solving them if you provide the information I asked for last time (relevant topology lines and the corresponding coordinate entries).

-Justin

Thank you,
Kasim

 > Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:31:23 -0500
 > From: jalem...@vt.edu
 > To: gmx-users@gromacs.org
 > Subject: Re: [gmx-users] error with changing pdb file
 >

 > ksm tprk wrote:
 > > I changed pdb file after that I generated topology file.
 > >

> It appears you are relying on grompp to figure out what parameters should be > used for these angles, and apparently, given these atom types, there are no > default values available in the force field you've chosen to use. So either
 > specify parameters manually or use a different force field.
 >
> If you need further advice, it would be useful to know the force field you're > trying to use and see the problematic lines of the topology alongside the
 > modified coordinate file.
 >
 > -Justin
 >
 > --
 >
 > Justin A. Lemkul