Hi,
the new inflategro with the 'doughnut mode'
(http://www.csb.bit.uni-bonn.de/inflategro.html) might do what you want.
Ciao,

Patrick

Justin A. Lemkul a écrit :

On 1/10/10 5:17 AM, KM wrote:
Hello Gromacs Users,

I would like to run a simulation of a trimer in a DPPC membrane. I
really like the elegant solution that inflategro script offers,
however I'm afraid I won't be able to use it, because I need to have
lipids in a small space between the monomers right in the center of
the box and these will certainly get deleted during the whole
procedure. I also need to keep the waters that come with the structure
of the protein.
Do you have any idea how I can elegantly embed my trimer in a
membrane, possibly using somehow modified inflategro?

Christopher

I've built multimeric systems with InflateGRO, but with a lot less constraints than you have :) You can, for instance, run an inflation step with a very minimal scaling factor (like 1.01 or 1.05) and a very small cutoff (7 or so, but you'd have to play around with this) so you essentially delete lipids in place without moving them too much. I don't know if the necessary lipids between the monomers will be affected.

As for preserving water molecules, you could probably just extract their coordinates from a suitably-oriented starting structure and paste them into the InflateGRO output.

None of this requires modifying InflateGRO, but will likely require a lot of trial and error, if it even works, given the very specific nature of what you need.

!!!! new E-mail address: patrick.fu...@univ-paris-diderot.fr !!!!
Patrick FUCHS
Dynamique des Structures et Interactions des Macromolécules Biologiques
INTS, INSERM UMR-S665, Université Paris Diderot,
6 rue Alexandre Cabanel, 75015 Paris
Tel : +33 (0)1-44-49-30-57 - Fax : +33 (0)1-47-34-74-31
Web Site: http://www.dsimb.inserm.fr/~fuchs