Miguel Quiliano Meza wrote:
*Hi everyone.

I have a problem when I try to run GENION, GROMACS says:
*
WARNING: turning of free energy, will use lambda=0
Reading file 1x8a_solvatada.tpr, VERSION 3.3.3 (single precision)
Using a coulomb cut-off of 0.9 nm
Will try to add 0 Na ions and 15 NA+ ions.
Select a continuous group of solvent molecules
Opening library file /usr/share/gromacs/top/
aminoacids.dat
Group     0 (      System) has 275439 elements
Group     1 (     Protein) has  1722 elements
Group     2 (   Protein-H) has  1371 elements
Group     3 (     C-alpha) has   185 elements
Group     4 (    Backbone) has   555 elements
Group     5 (   MainChain) has   741 elements
Group     6 (MainChain+Cb) has   909 elements
Group     7 ( MainChain+H) has   921 elements
Group     8 (   SideChain) has   801 elements
Group     9 ( SideChain-H) has   630 elements
Group    10 ( Prot-Masses) has  1722 elements
Group    11 ( Non-Protein) has 273717 elements
Group    12 (          ZN) has     1 elements
Group    13 (         SOL) has 273702 elements
Group    14 (         LIG) has    14 elements
Group    15 (       Other) has 273717 elements
Select a group: 13
Selected 13: 'SOL'

Program genion, VERSION 3.3.3
Source code file: ../../../../src/tools/gmx_genion.c, line: 429

Fatal error:
The solvent group SOL is not continuous: index[9]=1732, index[10]=1747

"Bad As This Shit Is, This Shit Ain't As Bad As You Think It Is." (Jackie Brown)

*I do not know the reason,the number of residues in top file and pdb file are the same. The only warning that I saw was when I ran grompp:
*
WARNING 1 [file 1x8a.top, line unknown]:
  The largest charge group contains 11 atoms.
  Since atoms only see each other when the centers of geometry of the charge
  groups they belong to are within the cut-off distance, too large charge
  groups can lead to serious cut-off artifacts.
  For efficiency and accuracy, charge group should consist of a few atoms.
  For all-atom force fields use: CH3, CH2, CH, NH2 NH, OH, CO2, CO, etc.

*Coincidentally they are some of the atomos of my ligand*
*
I have been reading the web and no-one says nothing about it. I would be very grateful if someone can help me or give me advices.

Look at your coordinate file. Do you have two separate blocks of solvent, like crystal waters and then solvent added by genbox (after your zinc and ligand, perhaps)?

-Justin

Best Regards
MIguel Quiliano*

MILES-IGERT Trainee